Tumblewood Teas Lavender Earl Grey Tea Cake
Tumblewood's Lavender Earl Grey black tea blend is one of my favorites to include in recipes. It adds a fresh citrus zing with just a hint of lavender - and who can resist lavender?!
The recipe below is a keeper, approved by kids, Bible study groups, husbands and friends. :) Enjoy with a hot cup of tea or an ice cold glass of milk.
TUMBLEWOOD TEAS LAVENDER EARL GREY TEA CAKE
serves 6 | prep 10 min | bake 15-45 | oven 325 degrees
¾ c milk
6 T butter – softened
1 c sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
¼ c Greek yogurt
½ tsp vanilla
2 c all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2/3 c sifted powdered sugar
3 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan or 3 3 ½ x 6 inch pans.
- Combine milk and tea in a small saucepan over low heat. Heat to simmer and stir 5 minutes.
- Do not allow milk to boil. Remove from heat, strain and cool slightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and lemon zest until mixture is light and fluffy; add Greek yogurt, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients. Gently mix into creamed mixture, alternating with the steeped milk. Stir until just blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
- Bake 45 minutes for large loaf pan or 30 minutes for smaller pans.
- Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Poke holes with fork into top of cake.
- Pour glaze over hot cake
- Cool in pan 20 minutes on wire rack
- Remove each loaf from pan and cool completely.