Pecan, Maple & Oat Power Balls + our secret ingredient
OK, so none of us came out a winner in the big Powerball drawing this month. But here's the good news: you can still be a big winner in the kitchen, and that's almost as good. Right? Right!
When we get ready for the Billings Wholesale Market this weekend, we like to bring a cooler of healthy snacks to that will fuel us through those long, fun days sharing tea and good times with friends and fellow small business owners. This recipe was definitely a jackpot in the health, energy and taste departments, so we just had to share!
Pecan, Maple, Oat & Honey Power BallsIngredients
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (preservative free is best)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp raw maple syrup
- 3 tbsp honey (Of course, we're partial to ours!)
- 3/4 cup pecan nuts
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- A little almond/rice milk/water as needed
- 1 tbsp cocoa nibs (optional)
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender/food processor and blend until finely chopped and well combined.
- The mixture shouldn't be too dry. It needs to be quite sticky. Add a little almond milk to moisten it a little if needed.
- Scoop a heaped teaspoon of mixture and roll it between your palms to create little balls.
- Place the balls in the fridge for around 30 minutes or longer before you serve them. This helps them to set properly.
- Serve as a snack, with afternoon tea or dessert!
Recipe courtesy of Kim at www.msdietforwomen.com. We feel like we hit the jackpot with this one!
At the end, we rolled them in a little bit of additional shredded coconut just for fun, then added a cup of Custer's Nutty Rooibos. It's a wonderfully fragrant blend of South African rooibos and sweet pure white coconut with notes of caramel. Perfect!
Give it a try, and let us know what you think!